FCS (Film Center Serbia), EWA (European Women’s Audiovisual Network) and FEST FORWARD, the industry section of FEST 2019, are proud to announce six film projects officially selected to take part in this year’s edition of “FEST Forward Women in Film” pitching program. All the chosen projects are to be directed by female film directors from various parts of the European continent.
1. AURORA’S SUNRISE – dir. Inna Sahakyan – ARMENIA / GERMANY
2. DIRTY GIRLS – dir. Olga Malea – GREECE
3. HOW IS KATIA? – dir. Christina Tynkevych – UKRAINE
4. MELISSA’S STORY – dir. Asia Der & Sara Haragonics – HUNGARY
5. THE MYTH OF THE REAL MAN – dir. Milica Lee Filipovski – SERBIA
6. SNOW AND THE BEAR – dir. Selcen Ergun – TURKEY
All six projects will be presented in front of the film and industry professionals during the upcoming edition of FEST FORWARD (March 1-2, 2019) and compete for FCS / EWA Award.
Presenting my new TV series THE MAKING OF MARIA, on young Maria Callas, at Seriencamp in Munich in November 2018, to various European producers and broadcasters (mostly Germans though), together with Creative Producer Effie Scrobola.
Olga Malea talks about her career in film and television as well as about her new project THE MAKING OF MARIA, a tv series (period, drama) about young Maria Callas and her transformation from an ugly duckling to a diva which took place in Athens, Greece during the 2nd World War and the period of the German occupation.
A fascinating female character succeeding in the most improbable social conditions.